- Indoor Movie Days: Roll ’Em!
Kids’ indoor movie activities can chase away the indoor blahs faster than you can say, “Ticket, please!” Movie days are fun. They’re entertaining. And they’ll help pass the time more quickly for you and your kids.
- Creative Play Resolutions: Imagine That!
The New Year is approaching fast, and I’m hearing through the grapevine that many parents are finally ready for a fresh new start regarding the way their kids play. Whatever your motivation, the simple fact is this: Creative, imaginative play is important. It stimulates the brain. It helps develop important life skills. And it creates enthusiasm. What’s not to like about it!
- Sibling “Iron Chef” Showdown
In thinking of male chef role models, the television show “Iron Chef” gave me a fun idea for my boys to emulate. What we got out of the sibling “Iron Chef” challenge was a surprisingly tasty afterschool snack and a very fun activity! Here’s how our showdown played out.
- How to Make a “Unique” Store-Bought Halloween Costume
Here are some simple ideas to make your child’s Halloween store-bought costume “pop.”
- 50 Fun Fall Activities For Kids (or Lots of Cool Cool-Weather Things to Do!)
Ahhh…the leaves are suddenly turning brilliant hues of red, orange, and yellow. The air is decidedly crisper. And the days are getting noticeably shorter. It’s official: Fall has finally arrived. And with the cooler weather comes — you guessed it! …
- Beat the Heat with Creative Indoor Play
It’s a scorcher out. Hot, humid, unbearable. And as much as your kids love playing outside, there are just some days it’s downright unsafe. Consider this: Heat cramps, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, heat stress, heat rash, sunburn and dehydration are …
- If You’re Happy and You Know It…
Mr. Happy, Little Miss Sassy, Mr. Grumpy, Little Miss Shy…and the list goes on. I got them all at my house. And I haven’t even started talking about the kids yet! Emotions run high in a household of little ones. …
- 10 Secret Tips for Productive Playdates
Playdates for kids can be a whole lot of fun — plus a great way to help build social skills, deepen friendships, and teach about sharing, compromise, and cooperation too. However…they can also be a total disaster if not planned …
- The Nose Knows
Here’s an “egg-cellent” idea for getting your kids to let their nose do the picking! I’m not talking about the gross get a Kleenex kind of pick! There’s more to food than just eating it. What about the, “Mmm…! (Sniff, …
- Doing Chores Doesn’t Have to be a Bore!
1. Is the chore age appropriate for your child? Each of my kids are at different skill levels, therefore their charts all look different. Find age appropriate chores for your child. 2. Do your kids know “how” to perform each …