- Good Tidings We Bring to You and Your Kin
I love personalized photos. My favorite ornaments are the ones that have a photo of my kids or ones of me as a kid! That is why I was inspired to make my own “Family Tree” ornaments. This quick and easy ornament is a beautiful way to capture everyone in your family. Whether your immediate family is big or small, everyone will enjoy the finished product. Did I forget to mention how easy this is? Trust me! You will have time to do this! It also makes a beautiful gift for those hard to buy for, like grandparents!
- 2×2 porcelain floor tiles. (They sell these at Home Depot in the flooring tile section in 12×12 size for $2.59! That’s 36 little tiles. When you get home, simply pull the tiles apart and pick the glue off the tiles. It comes off very easily.)
- Fast finish decoupage or Mod Podge
- 3/8″ ribbon. (I chose a shimmering red with the wire.)
- Gold star buttons (I picked these up at Jo-Ann Fabrics for $2.29 for a pack of 9.)
- Glue dots
- Photos of family members
Family Tree Ornament Assemble
1. To fit photos perfectly onto the tile, go to Picnik.com. Choose the collage category and upload your photos. Pick the basic collage that has 3 horizontal square openings. Drag your photos into the squares. Save your finished collage to your computer and print at home onto a 4×6 photo paper. Your three pictures will fit perfectly onto the 2×2 tiles! Repeat for all your photos.
2. Cut out your photo to fit onto the tile.
3. Paint decoupage onto the entire front of the tile piece and place your photo on top. Smooth the photo gently to adhere and let dry.
4. Cut a 5-inch piece of ribbon and thread the star button into the middle of the ribbon.
5. Place two glue dots on each side of the ribbon and press firmly onto the back of the tile.
Simple. Elegant. Perfect.
*Note: Home Depot also sells 4×4 individual tiles for only 16 cents each! Instead of doing individual pictures, you could always place family portraits onto the tiles.